We are currently seeking candidates for the following positions:
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for a passionate and accomplished iOS developer with a strong focus on UI/UX to contribute to the development of our iOS mobile application.
What you will do:
- Design and build advanced applications for the iOS platform
- Collaborate with a team of experienced engineers, product managers, designers and QA professionals
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Unit test code for robustness
- Ensure applications are maintained with optimal performance and scalability
Our ideal candidate has:
- A bachelor in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and professional experience
- A solid background in software engineering (object-oriented methodologies, design patterns, test driven development)
- 2 or more years experience doing mobile UI development on the iOS platform
- A strong grasp of objective-C and/or Swift
- Built and published a few apps to the Apple app store
- In-depth knowledge of common iOS design patterns and best practices
- Understanding and knowledge of Apple’s human interface guidelines
- Experience working with iOS frameworks such as UIKit, Core Animation and Core Graphics
- Experience with iOS SDK performance tools and optimization techniques
- A desire to build clean, maintainable, testable code
- Experience building apps consuming REST APIs
- Experience developing software using Agile methodologies
- A portfolio of apps to show us!
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage own tasks
- Good communication and collaborative skills
Bonus points for:
- Exposure to git, Slack and Atlassian tools (Jira, Confluence)
- Experience with reactive, asynchronous programming (e.g., ReactiveCocoa)
We work with the latest technologies. Our tech stack includes Swift, ReactiveCocoa, Scala, Akka, Spray, Kafka, MongoDB, Event Store, Node.js, Elasticsearch, Docker and more.
This position is based in Montreal.
Shopify Web Developer
We are looking for a part-time Shopify Web Developer who can help us evolve and maintain our existing Shopify site. You will be working alongside the marketing & product team using modern technologies to bring the best out of our e-commerce site.
- At least 4 years of experience as a web developer
- At least 1 year of experience with the Shopify platform
- Fluent with:
- HTML/CSS & responsive styling
- Liquid Templates
- Experience developing fully responsive websites optimized for desktop and mobile devices
- Experience working alongside designers
- Experience with Google Analytics
- Experience with Gulp
- Understanding of modern SEO practices
- Experience with AB Testing
We expect you to:
- Show empathy to the user
- Be sensitive to UX concerns
- Love great UI design
- Be a team player, but also able to work independently
- Own the full development lifecycle (you build it, you test it, you run it)
- Be curious and like learning new things
Show us what you can do:
If you have a github/bitbucket account or a portfolio of past projects, we would love to take a look at what you like doing (if you feel ashamed of it in retrospective, don’t worry and instead explain to us what you would now improve).
This position is based in Montreal.
OMsignal is looking for a passionate Graphic Designer to join their Online Team. In this role, you will play an integral role supporting the Marketing team's development with the designs of social media assets, emails, web pages and graphics, other digital media items and printed materials. The ideal individual should be a creative, detail-oriented and collaborative designer that is familiar with brand basics and the principles of the web landscape.
- Produce attractive and effective designs for all media
- Think creatively to produce new ideas and concepts
- Collaborate with other designers on the team
- Execute a design aesthetic that fits within the OMsignal brand
- Complete projects in an timely and orderly manner
- Attention to detail and design aesthetics
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- Degree in graphic design, visual design, or equivalent
- 2+ years experience
- Demonstrable fluency with Photoshop, Illustrator and Sketch
- Excellent collaborative skills
- Highly professional, with the ability to deliver solid work on tight schedules
- Experience with iOS app development is a plus
Candidates must share a portfolio to be considered for the role with work that demonstrates exceptional design skill.
This is a 3 month contract based in Montreal.